Entry Requirement For Master Programs
- A relevant Bachelor degree (Honours) with good grades from MEDIU, or any other institutions of higher learning recognised by the university; or
- Any other certificate that is recognised as equivalent to a Bachelor degree (Honours) or other relevant professional qualification and experience that are recognised by the University.
- A relevant General Bachelor degree (without honours) with at least one year working experience, and
- If deemed necessary, an applicant may be interviewed and/or required to sit for an entrance test in order to determine his eligibility for admission to a specific programme.
- The department of faculty may, with the approval of the University Academic Council (UAC), require the applicant to satisfy additional conditions for admission to a specific programme.
• Arabic Language
Applicants interested to enrol in programmes where the medium of instruction is in Arabic must pass the MEDIU’s Arabic ProficiencyTest (APT).
Pre-Requisite Subject For Master Students Who Do Not Have Bachelor In Islamic Studies
Regarding the registration in master program for non specialist students (Islamic sciences), IPS decided to offer them conditional offer letter.
They are required to study number of complementary subjects according to the following regulations:
- The period of studying the complementary subjects should not be more than 3 semesters.
- They are required to pass the complementary subjects with grade (good).
- The accumulative average for the complementary subjects should not be less than (good).
- They are not allowed to enrol in postgraduate programs unless they pass the complementary subjects.
They are allowed to enrol in postgraduate programs if they have only one or two of the complementary subjects.
- The period of studying the complementary subjects will not be considered in the study period for the program.
- The complementary subjects will not be considered in the accumulative average.
The complementary subjects that the students are required to study are:
- History of Islamic law.
- Introduction to Quran sciences.
- Introduction to Islamic belief.
- Ideological invasion.
- Introduction in to the term of Hadith science.
Entry Requirement For Bachelor Programs
- The applicant should have passed the foundation course offered by the University with a CGPA of at least 2.0;
- Passed Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM) with at least two principal passes;
- Attained a diploma accredited by MQA, Malaysian government or the University Senate with a grade of ‘good’ or better;
- Passed Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM);
- Attained Sijil Rendah Pelajaran (SRP) or Penilian Menengah Rendah (PMR) along with work experience of not less than five years and passed a minimum of five subjects of the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM). The student should be a minimum of 21 years of age This is considered a requirement for exceptional cases;
- Alternatively, the applicant will have acquired any degree recognized by the University as equivalent to one of the previously mentioned qualifications.
Applicants applying into courses where the medium of instruction is Arabic and where applicant’s first language is other than Arabic, applicants are required to pass the Al-Madinah Arabic Proficiency Test (MAPT).
Entry Requirement For Diploma Programs
The general academic requirements for admission into MEDIU’s Diploma Courses are as follows:
- At least three (3) passes including Mathematics in the General Certificate of Education “Ordinary Level” (GCE) ‘O’ Level Examination (UK Educational System);
- Pass at least 3 credits in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia Vokasional (SPMV) ;
- Any certificates with a pass in Mathematics and working experience that are recognized by the University as equivalent to the above
Where course admission requires language proficiency based on the course medium of instruction, applicants are required to fulfill specific language requirements.
• English Language
Where the medium of instruction of a course is English and if applicant’s first language is other than English, applicants are required to obtain a score of either:
* 5.0 TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
* 5.5 band IELTS (International English Language Testing Service)
Applicants, who do not have either of the above qualifications, are required to pass MEDIU’s English Placement Test (MEPT) with a minimum 4.0 points.