New Student Admissions
The Senate will designate the number of students that the University can accommodate in the coming year based upon the suggestions of the academic council of each faculty and other departments of the University.
The Senate will determine the Academic Calendar of the University.
Students seeking admission to the University must fulfill the following requirements:
First: Admission requirements for those who are holding Malaysian certificates:
A. Diploma Course:
- The applicant should have successfully passed at least three (3) credits in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia Vokasional (SPMV) of minimum of three subjects with a grade of “good” (C6) in addition to having passed mathematics with any passing grade on a Malaysian secondary school certificate, whether that certificate is Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia Vokasional (SPMV).
B. Foundation Course:
|The applicant should have passed 5 subjects of the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or any equivalent certificate.
C. Bachelor’s Degree Course in the University
- The applicant should have passed the foundation course offered by the University with a CGPA of at least 2.0; or
- Passed Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM) with at least two principal passes;
- Attained a diploma accredited by MQA, Malaysian government or the University Senate with a grade of “good” or better;
- Passed Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM);
- Attained Sijil Rendah Pelajaran (SRP) or Penilian Menengah Rendah (PMR) along with work experience of not less than five years and passed a minimum of five subjects of the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM). The student should be a minimum of 21 years of age This is considered a requirement for exceptional cases;
- Alternatively, the applicant will have acquired any degree recognized by the University as equivalent to one of the previously mentioned qualifications.
Second: General academic requirements for undergraduate admissions with regards to students who have attained non-Malaysian certificates or diplomas:
A. Diploma Courses:
|Attainment of a general secondary certificate representing completion of a minimum of twelve years of education.
B. Bachelor’s Degree Courses in the University.
- Attainment of a general secondary certificate or diploma representing completion of a minimum of twelve years of education.
- Attainment of two principal passes in General Certificate of Education Advanced Level GCE A-Level examination (UK Education System).
- Attainment of a passing grade in a minimum of six subjects of an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme .
- Attainment a minimum of a five (5) passes in General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level (GCE O-Level) examination in addition to a minimum of three years of relevant work experience.
- Attainment of any academic certificate recognized by the University as being equivalent to the academic requirements mentioned above
Third: Language Proficiency Test
Each student must pass an Arabic proficiency test (MAPT) (See: attachment No. 2) or an English proficiency test (MEPT) (See: attachment No.3), or an equivalent test, if that is one of the requirements of the chosen course of study.
Fourth: Other conditions
- The applicant should not have received any warning or been subject to a recorded disciplinary procedure or been convicted of a crime.
- He/she must pass any examination or personal interview the University deems appropriate for admission.
- He/she must fulfill any additional requirements stipulated by the Senate, which shall be announced by the time of the submission of application.